Career and Graduate School Fair
When employers post a job, they get a lot of resumes, which can make it hard for you to stand out. That’s where the career fair comes in!
Employers find it more effective to hire people they’ve met, so they come to the career fair to find the right students for their jobs and internships.
Whether you’re getting ready to graduate, starting to think about internships, considering graduate school or just exploring career options — you do not want to miss the Career and Graduate School Fair.
Here are some tips to help you walk into the fair with confidence:
- Find out who’s coming. See the lists and descriptions of in-person fair attendees and virtual fair attendees to decide who you want to talk to and come prepared to speak with them.
- Prepare your introduction. Approaching a table doesn’t have to be intimidating if you know what you want to say. Think about what skills, experiences or interests you want recruiters to know about.
- Prepare questions. Asking good questions is the best way to engage the recruiter. Visit the website of organizations you’re interested in, write down thoughtful questions and bring them with you.
- Come with resumes. If you’re looking for jobs or internships, create a resume that is targeted to the types of positions you’re looking for and bring copies with you.
- Dress the part. Wear what you would for an interview in your career field.
- Get help preparing. Drop in to an in-person or online Career Fair Prep Pop-Up for more tips, to ask questions or to get help with your targeted resume.