The One Republic concert at Boise State’s Taco Bell Arena could cause some traffic congestion throughout Friday. The following is a notice sent out by Boise State Transportation and Parking Services advising the public on how to best navigate the area.
BOISE STATE PERMIT PARKING ADVISORY FOR FRIDAY, JUNE 13, 2014
TACO BELL ARENA
DOORS 6 P.M., SHOW 7 P.M.
Due to the crowd size expected, there will be increased traffic congestion along University Drive between Lincoln Avenue and Broadway Avenue. To minimize the impact of the increased traffic, the following information is provided to help you plan accordingly for temporary parking restrictions that will be in effect on campus during the One Republic concert.
To avoid traffic delays consider accessing Boise State University from Capitol Boulevard or Beacon Street for parking in Lincoln Garage, as traffic will be increased on Broadway Avenue.
Note that production set-up for the concert begins Tuesday morning, meaning that large trucks and trailers, and charter buses, will occupy portions of the West Stadium lot, decreasing available parking.
West Stadium lot restrictions will begin at 2pm on Friday, June 13, 2014 – Vehicles already parked in West Stadium lot will not have to relocate to another lot.
· Stadium Lots- located around the stadium, accessible parking spaces are available in the West Stadium lot for $10.00 per space, and $5.00 per space in the East Stadium lot.
· Lincoln Avenue Garage- located between Lincoln and Michigan Avenues, with the entrance off Belmont Street, accessible spaces are available for a fee of $5.00 per space. The ground floor will be reserved for accessible parking patrons and an accessible-equipped Boise State shuttle will provide transportation to and from the concert.
· Boise State Accessible Permit – permit holders will be able to utilize designated accessible parking spaces at no charge with their valid Boise State Accessible Permit properly displayed. Their vehicle must also display an ADA License Plate or Placard and the owner of such must accompany the vehicle.
ON-CAMPUS EVENT PARKING
· West Stadium Lot – located West of Bronco Stadium and accessed from University Drive, limited parking spaces will be available for a fee of $10.00.
· East Stadium Lot – located East of Bronco Stadium and accessed from University Drive, parking spaces are available for a fee of $5.00 per space. Boise State permit holders will be able to park in East Stadium on a space available basis.
· Lincoln Avenue Garage – located between Lincoln and Michigan Avenues, with the entrance off Belmont Street, parking spaces are available for a $5.00 fee per space. Boise State permit holders will be able to park in Lincoln Avenue Garage on a space available basis.
Residential Street Parking
Boise State discourages parking on residential streets. For those who choose to park on residential streets, please remember:
· Vehicles are not allowed to park along portions of University Drive between 2:00 AM and 5:00 AM
· Vehicles may not park for longer than 24 hours
· Vehicles are prohibited from parking within 30 feet or less of stop signs
· Vehicles are prohibited from parking within 20 feet or less of an intersection
· Vehicles may not park in alleyways, driveways, or vacant yards
· Vehicles must park within 18”of the curb Julia Davis Park, 700 S Capitol Blvd
· All vehicles must be parked legally within Julia Davis Park. Overnight parking is prohibited. Illegally parked vehicles can be towed at any time.
· For a map of the park and guidelines, you may also call (208) 608-7600, or visit the following link and click on “Parks & Locations”: