*This message has been approved for mass email distribution by Kevin Satterlee, Vice President for Campus Operations/General Counsel, in accordance with Boise State Policy 8100.*
CAMPUS SAFETY ALERT
Early this evening, April 19, 2014, a female jogger reported to Boise Police that while running on the Greenbelt near campus, 5 male subjects attempted to block her path and box her in. The female continued on her run and thereafter contacted the campus substation. There was no reported physical contact. The subjects were described as college-aged males who were approximately 5’9″ to 5’10″ tall. One male was described as wearing a white polo shirt, black slacks and having long dark curly hair.
If you have more information about this incident, please call Boise Police at (208) 426-6911.
Campus Security and Police Services would like to remind students, faculty and staff of the following:
· Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. If you listen to headphones or ear buds while traveling, you may be putting yourself at greater risk.
· Trust your instincts — if something doesn’t feel right, report it.
· Stay in public places as much as possible.
· If you can, travel with a friend. Security escorts are available 24/7 by calling (208) 426-6911.
· Know where the blue emergency phones are around campus.
· Report all suspicious people and circumstances to Campus Security and Police Services at (208) 426-6911or from any blue phone.
· Never isolate yourself. Let someone know where you are and who you are with.
Boise State University is sending out this campus alert/timely warning in compliance with the provisions of the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1988.