*This message has been approved for mass email distribution by Kevin Satterlee,
Vice President for Campus Operations/General Counsel, in accordance with Boise State Policy 8100.*
This afternoon, September 12, 2013, a female subject traveling on the Greenbelt stopped to check her tire when a male subject approached and grabbed at her shoulder. The subject was described as a male in his late 20s/early 30s with short, dark hair. He was wearing a black shirt with either a white or gray symbol in the center and had a backpack. If you have more information about this incident, please call Boise Police at (208) 426-6911.
Campus Security and Police Services would like to remind students, faculty and staff of the following:
· Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. If you listen to headphones or ear buds while traveling, you may be putting yourself at greater risk.
· Trust your instincts — if something doesn’t feel right, report it.
· Stay in public places as much as possible.
· If you can, travel with a friend. Security escorts are available 24/7 by calling (208) 426-6911.
· Know where the blue emergency phones are around campus.
· Report all suspicious people and circumstances to Campus Security and Police Services at (208) 426-6911 or from any blue phone.
· Never isolate yourself. Let someone know where you are and who you are with.
Boise State University is sending out this timely warning in compliance with the provisions of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1988.