With heads reeling from all the political banter, lets take a step back to look at how we got here, remember the highlights and see how students thought it would play out.
- Presidential campaigns tend to begin roughly a year before the New Hampshire primary, almost two full years before the presidential election.
- The republican’s kicked off the campaign season with a few memorable instances.
- “Commerce, education,…what’s was the third one? Oops,” -Rick Perry
- Herman Cain tried to erase from our memories the 555 pizza deal and replace it with his proposed 9-9-9 tax plan.
- The 40th republican national convention was held in Tampa, Florida, Aug. 27 to 30. The Democratic national convention was held in Charlotte, North Carolina Sept. 4 to 6.
- Clint Eastwood, need we say more?
- Moderaters, love em or hate em they’re a central component to the debate process.
- Between Romney’s binders of women and Obama’s claim of fewer horses and bayonets, the final debate got America talking.