News Ticker

Article has been removed

John Calipari won the big one, and like Frank Sinatra, he did it his way.

This article has been removed by the editors.

21 Comments on Article has been removed

1. Have you ever heard of defamation suits? That they even apply with student-led newspapers? The Chicago Sun-Times' baseless accusations were completely unsubstantiated, yet you describe "multiple sources acknowledged the fact…." That is not a fact; that is an allegation. A journalism student should know the difference. Yet you somehow upped the ante by throwing in your bit about UK boosters one-upping with $50,000, which is not even an allegation. That is a complete fabrication based upon your interpretation, and something that you published. No "unnamed sources," the classic fallback, substantiate your flight of fancy, which, if UK was so inclined, makes this a prime example of what qualifies as defamation.

2. Greg Alan Edwards // Apr 5, 2012 at 6:43 am //

You folks really like living on the edge don't you? My hope is that UK does decide to file a defamation lawsuit. Ignorance like this is exactly what the law was written for. Who's your editor, Bobby Knight?

3. your an idiot.

4. The NYT is a hell of a lot bigger than this backwoods rag, and they had to print a retraction for this article! It's looking pretty good there is a lawsuit coming your way and UK has a hell of a lot more money to spend on it than your insignificant school rag does!

5. Kelly Harrison // Apr 5, 2012 at 8:20 am //

You're presenting allegations as fact without *any* evidence. Is that journalism? Don't confuse your misguided opinion with the truth.

6. submecoach // Apr 5, 2012 at 9:12 am //

It appears that the University of Kentucky's legal arm is already on this…get ready.

7. Boy, UK fans have thinner skin than I thought. They are worried about a student newspaper in Boise, ID? Threatening lawsuits. hahaha….only those that know they are guity are this defensive….

• Idiot Hater // Apr 5, 2012 at 4:40 pm //

Really? So if I said sources told me you molested children and published it for the world to see, you would only get angry if it were true? What if other news organizations started quoting my report then as a source in turn? Lies anger people too because lies can do damage. Moron!

8. JustTheFact // Apr 5, 2012 at 10:17 am //

Intereresting that you forgot to point out that the Chicago Sun TImes had to rewrite their original story and remove any mention of $$ and Anthony Davis. You cannot even find the original story that you referenced in your article.

Therefore, my question to you is this – if a story no longer exists as it was orignially written because the Chicago Sun Times says the information was not based in fact, how can you base your story on something that has no legal standing as being factual (Chicago Sun Times rewrote the original story to exclude all non factual information)?

I really hope that you are just a green journalism student that has yet to learn how to properly vet a story and are not some seasoned reporter. Because if you are not a student, then you have just wasted your opportunity to have a successful career in this field.

9. Defamation aside, Tyler, it's unclear from your article what Calipari did at UMass or Memphis to warrant the insinuation that he was in some way responsible for what happened. Perhaps you could explain.

My understanding is that the NCAA investigators found nothing to implicate the coach. Indeed, didn't someone from the NCAA describe him as an innocent bystander of Camby's indiscretion? As for Rose, didn't his problem arise before he ever went to college? How do you lay this at Calipari's door? For its part, the NCAA went out of its way to exonerate the man.

But if you have information that shows otherwise, we'd like to see your cards.

To be fair, I know that you have no cards. I know that you are simply republishing innuendo and unsubstantiated rumor. I know that you are perpetuating a vicious meme. You are the latest in a long line of lazy sportswriters who somehow feels comfortable engaging in character assassination because others before you have done the same.

Step back and take a look at what you are doing, Tyler. And then try to do the right thing.

• Isn't it interesting how these half-baked "facts" can be put out there by idiots like this "reporter", without their ever seeing the hypocrisy of their actions? I mean, to cheat (by insinuating without having any facts to back it up) is different than what you insinuate that Cal did (who by the way was cleared by the NCAA of any wrong doing), in what way exactly? Cal was cleared, and you are not. By the way, did any of what the NCAA determined about Calipari, personally as the coach, make it into your article? Maybe you should read it over and you'll see what I mean.

Look kid, whoever you are at this little rag, you should by all means learn from the experience that is about to befall you so that you have the chops someday to be the real thing.

10. Tyler HAwkins ,you sir are an ASS

11. TylerIsALiar // Apr 5, 2012 at 10:41 am //

BSU = Bull Shit University, obviously.

12. Tyler:

Trust me when I say that the BBN is an opponent you don't want to take-on in your quest to change the world through (albeit tainted) "journalism".

Your school is 0-5 in the NCAA tournament and has 340 wins in its illustrious history.

My school (UK) has 2,090 wins, 8 National Titles, 15 Final Four appearances, 53 NCAA tournament appearances, and an overall record of 111-46 in the NCAA tournament. I won't even delve into the NIT tournament appearances in the 1940s when it was the more prestigious tournament than the NCAA or our 45 SEC regular season championships (more than all other 11 current schools and 3 schools no longer in the league, combined). To continue your history lesson, you may go to the following very comprehensive website – http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/stati

My point is this…we know more about basketball than you do. We care more about basketball than you do. We know the facts surrounding Kentucky Basketball better than you do. We care more about Kentucky Basketball than you care about anything in life.

Warmest Regards;
    Sign me – CPACAT

13. Tyler:

Warmest Regards;
    Sign me – CPACAT

14. No Bob..you're an idiot

15. Defamation suit // Apr 5, 2012 at 1:03 pm //

Boise State lacks "institutional control" of its athletic department — and of its student newspaper.

16. Blame it on Bob Knight. He's their editor

17. Well, well, well Mr Tyler Hawkins…looks like your article has been pulled by your editors…wonder why that is? Hmmm…..

18. A worried observer // Apr 7, 2012 at 10:02 am //

“We care more about Kentucky Basketball than you care about anything in life.”

Wow, You don’t have any friends huh.

• Try re-reading…"we care more about Kentucky Basketball than YOU care about anything in life." All my friends care as much as I do…must be one of the reasons we are friends.

Comments are closed.